Some of my other campaigns
As the Member of Parliament for Bolton North East I have been involved in a number of campaigns on behalf of my constituents in recent months, including:
- Opposing the introduction of a congestion charge in Greater Manchester
- Ending mixed-sex wards at Royal Bolton Hospital
- Tackling overcrowding on railway services between Bolton and Manchester by campaigning for extra carriages to be made available and for First Class carriages to be scrapped on local routes
- Fighting for an increase in statutory redundancy pay for anyone who loses their job
- Supporting the Communication Workers' Union in their fight to keep local services and local jobs in Bolton
- Calling on the Government to increase funding for research into mesothelioma
- Campaigning to protect the investment into the Royal Bolton Hospital's maternity facilities.
- The creation of a new medal to recognise those who served in the Arctic Convoy campaign during the second world war.
If you want to know more about my campaigns please get in touch with me by using the details found on the Contact Me page on this website.
Visiting one of the hospital's brand new delivery suite's.
The Tories had pledged to cancel the plan that made this possible.
Supporting the CWU's campaign
Supporting the campaign for greater funding into mesothelioma research
Drive For Justice Campaign
I was proud to support the successful Drive for Justice campaign.
The campaign was inspired by a terrible accident in my consituency that highlighted the lack of flexability in the law around sentencing for dangerous drivers. It lead to the creation of a new offence, "Serious Injury by Dangerous Driving".
For more information on the aims of the campaign and the story behind it, click here
Designed and built by Tangent Snowball. Hosted by Rackspace, 2 Longwalk Road, Stockley Park, Uxbridge, UB11 1BA.
Promoted by and on behalf of the Labour Party at One Brewer's Green, London SW1H 0RH.