As the Member of Parliament for Bolton North East I have been involved in a number of campaigns on behalf of my constituents including:
- Opposing the introduction of a congestion charge in Greater Manchester
- Ending mixed-sex wards at Royal Bolton Hospital
- Tackling overcrowding on railway services between Bolton and Manchester by campaigning for extra carriages to be made available and for First Class carriages to be scrapped on local routes
- Fighting for an increase in statutory redundancy pay for anyone who loses their job
- Supporting the Communication Workers’ Union in their fight to keep local services and local jobs in Bolton
- Calling on the Government to increase funding for research into mesothelioma
- Campaigning to protect the investment into the Royal Bolton Hospital’s maternity facilities.
- The creation of a new medal to recognise those who served in the Arctic Convoy campaign during the second world war.
- Suppoprting calls for tougher sentences for dangerous drivers, leading to the creation of a new punishable offence “Serious Injury by Dangerous Driving”.
- Defending Bolton Magistrates Court from threat of closure.
- Reducing the punishing taxes placed on the Bingo industry
If you want to know more about my campaigns please get in touch with me by using the details found on the Contact Me page on this website.